Canada Council for the Arts announced a new program for artists this fall called the Digital Greenhouse. The Digital Greenhouse is a digital innovation initiative for Canadian individuals, groups and organizations. It supports short-term projects that leverage digital technology to address sectoral and digital challenges, including:
- the development of new digital tools and solutions that increase the resilience, sustainability, and discoverability of the arts sector
- the development of sector-wide and cross-sector collaborations, partnerships, and networks to support innovative digital business models, revenue models and monetization strategies
- sectoral approaches aimed at strategically increasing the digital/data literacy and ongoing digital transformation of the arts sector
- addressing challenges and exploring digital solutions related to accessibility, equity, diversity, decolonization, social justice, and climate responsibility created by, or relevant to, the digital world
- addressing challenges and exploring solutions related to the lack of access to digital infrastructure for remote regions and Northern and under-represented communities.
To learn more about the program, visit: https://canadacouncil.ca/funding/strategic-funds/digital-greenhouse